Wills & Probate
If There is a Will
- The Executor(s) named in a Will, or the deceased’s personal representative, is responsible for arranging the funeral.
- The Will may give instructions concerning the funeral arrangements but the Executor is not bound by this.
- The Executor is responsible for looking after and subsequently disposing of the deceased’s assets and property.
Probate & Letters of Administration
- The Executor(s) must provide ‘proof ’ of a Will in order to obtain Probate.
- If there is no Will, the deceased’s personal representative should apply for Letters of Administration,
- A Solicitor may be needed to deal with some, or all aspects of the deceased’s estate.
To speak to one of our advisors, please contact us.
Our wills and probate service is provided in partnership with Barcan+Kirby.